Why should you have your carpets cleaned?
Having your carpets professionally cleaned will protect them from damage while protecting your family from unwanted health hazards that can be hiding in your carpet.
To keep your carpets looking their best, most carpet manufacturers recommend their carpets be cleaned by hot water extraction to remove sand, dirt, and debris — which eventually cause damage if allowed to sit in the carpet fibers too long. Carpet in a typical household should be cleaned every 12 to 18 months, depending on the number of residents and amount of activity.
In addition, dust, fungi, mites, smoke, and animal hair get trapped in carpet fibers causing allergies and illnesses. Just as you wash your countertops, linens, and other surfaces in your home, your carpets need to be professionally cleaned to remove these contaminants.
Of course, all carpet is not created equally and therefore, not all cleaning agents can be used on all carpets. Our professionals will examine your carpet, identify the fiber, and then clean your carpet with the cleaning agent that works best on that particular fiber.
OUR 4-STEP PROCESS
- Dry vacuum to remove loose soil and debris from carpet
- Apply a heated pre-spray at a temperature of 150 degrees (to help remove stubborn stains)
- Steam/extract/rinse at a temperature of 220 degrees
- Additional extraction strokes to remove as much moisture as possible to ensure proper drying
For homes with furry friends, Carpet Surgeon also offers pet stain removal, odor treatment, and carpet protectant upon request.
There is no need to replace a whole room of carpeting just because you have a small stain. Our certified technicians are prepared to remove coffee, tea, and other difficult stains.
WHAT TO EXPECT
It's easy to get ready for a carpet cleaning! All we ask is that you remove fragile items from the area and we'll move the furniture when we arrive.
After your carpet cleaning:
- Our state of the art truck-mounted system removes most moisture, but carpets will still be damp to the touch.
- Placing fans in any cleaned areas and turning on AC can help to accelerate the drying time. Keep the air moving!
- Leave the protective pads under the furniture until the carpet is completely dry to prevent any color transfer from the furniture to your lovely, clean carpet.
- You may walk on your carpet immediately after cleaning. However, it is best to NOT wear street shoes, as they may return soil to the carpet. We recommend clean house slippers or shoes. To prevent slipping, use caution when walking from damp carpet onto a non-carpeted area.
- If you are not completely satisfied with our work, please notify us within 10 days so we can address your concerns.
During your carpet cleaning:
- We will pre-inspect areas to be cleaned and discuss any concerns.
- Answer any of your questions so you feel comfortable with our services.
- We will carefully move furniture — except large items, such as china cabinets, pianos, entertainment centers, armoires, large beds, etc.
- We will target areas for pre-treatment to ensure a thorough cleaning.
- We will deep clean all areas using our hot water extraction cleaning method.
- We will reposition the furniture onto plastic tabs or foam blocks to protect the furniture and carpet.
- Upon request, we also offer pet odor treatment and carpet protectant (additional charges apply).